Need a little postpartum body boost? Here's some advice from our fave fitness and nutrition expert, Adele Cavaliere, about how to maintain a healthy lifestyle post-pregnancy.
By no means do I suggest never-ever indulging or enjoying tasty food; but moderation and balance are sooooo key! Yo-yo dieting ruins your metabolism, increases cortisol (belly fat) and plays tricks with your head! Diet pills, pre-workout mixes and extreme diets ALL FALL INTO THIS CATEGORY!!!!
If your goal is to consistently feel good, consistently feel healthy, consistently fit into your favorite pair of jeans - then your daily actions NEED TO REFLECT THAT WANT!!!!
Here are some tips that help me:
- Eat breakfast & drink water during the day
- Carry healthy snacks; (fruit, veggie sticks, protein shakes, omelet muffins)
- Avoid overtraining (increases cortisol, chances of injury and sugar cravings)!
- Plan "cheats" ahead of time so that I don't overdo it! Drink peppermint tea with a "cheat" - prevents bloating and overeating
- Always have a "goal"
- Remind myself of my "why"
- Focus on digestion. When digestion is off - your body is off!
And of course, here at BB HQ we suggest wearing your Mother Tucker Corset for those times when you need a little help to look and feel your absolute best!
To learn more head to, www.adelecavaliere.com