Here at Belly Bandit HQ, a women-owned and operated company, we believe in celebrating the success of all women in business! Our "Moms Who Made It" series is our way of honoring Mompreneurs who inspire us every day.
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, we're thrilled to be featuring, Susie Jaramillo, the co-founder of Encantos Media. When Susie was unable to find books that helped her kids relate to her culture in a deeper way she decided to create them herself. Inspired by Latino nursery rhymes, Canticos is a collection of bilingual (English + Spanish) books, digital apps, and sing-along videos featuring an adorable cast of animal characters!
Describe your business philosophy in 5 words or less:
Tell Stories. Make a difference.
What inspired you to go into business?
Getting old and regretting not doing what I was supposed to.
When did you know you “made it?”
When I started getting fan mail and seeing families having Canticos Birthday parties.
Who is your mentor?
Me. Be your own Yoda. Learn from Everyone.
What’s your #1 tip for moms interested in starting their own business?
- If you don’t believe in yourself, who will?
- Have a strict “No Asshole” Policy OR Surround yourself with good people (I prefer the former, its more to the point.)
- Hire people that are good at things your not.
- Try not to take outside money unless you have to. If you do, only take money from good people who can help you long term.
- I could go on….
Sleep. A good book. Netflix, uninterrupted.
What‘s on your bedside table?
Home Fire, A Novel.
Words To Live By
Be so good they can’t ignore you. Steve Martin
Shop popular Belly Bandit collections
- Belly Bands & Postpartum Belly Wraps
- Postpartum Underwear
- Maternity & Postpartum Shapewear
- Maternity Leggings
- Maternity Underwear
- C-Section Recovery
- Nursing Bras
- Pregnancy Skin Care